Along with other topics, the CBSE Physical Education Class 12 Syllabus 2022-23 has been updated. The Class 12 Physical Education syllabus has been condensed for the current academic year. 2022–2023 and will be included in one Year End Exam in addition to Practical. On the CBSE’s official website @ https://www.cbse.gov.in/, the updated Class 12 syllabus has been made available.
CBSE Physical Education Class 12 Syllabus 2022-23
The CBSE Class 12 Physical Education Syllabus for the current academic session, 2022–2023, is available here. This curriculum aligns with the yearly evaluation. To learn about the most recent course structure and exam style, students must read the entire syllabus.
This syllabus can be used to check the specifics of the practical and unit-specific content. The Board divided the course into two sections: a theory section and a practical section.
Students would benefit from the CBSE Physical Education Class 12 Syllabus 2022-23 because the question papers are written in accordance with the syllabus as published by the CBSE board. Students can quickly understand the course format thanks to the syllabus, and they can then get ready properly.
The syllabus lists the topics as well as the marking criteria and the allotted time for each section.
|Unit I||Management of Sporting Events|
|Unit II||Children & Women in Sports|
|Unit III||Yoga as Preventive measure for Lifestyle Disease|
|Unit IV||Physical Education & Sports for CWSN (Children with Special Needs – Divyang)|
|Sports & Nutrition|
|Unit VI||Test & Measurement in Sports|
|Unit VII||Physiology & Injuries in Sports|
|Unit VIII||Biomechanics & Sports|
|Unit IX||Psychology & Sports|
|Unit X||Training in Sports|
The official website https://www.cbse.gov.in/ will let students obtain the most recent PDF version of the CBSE Class 12 Physical Education Syllabus. Students can learn more about the subjects they will study in Physical Education over the academic year by reading the syllabus.
CBSE Class 12 Physical Education Syllabus PDF
Below section contains unit wise CBSE Physical Education Class 12 Syllabus 2022-23. This syllabus can be used to check the specifics of the practical’s and unit-specific content. Marks for Theory exam will be 70 and 30 marks for practical exam. Candidates can also download the detailed syllabus pdf from the official CBSE Website https://www.cbse.gov.in/.
Unit I: Management of Sporting Events
- Functions of Sports Events Management (Planning, Organizing, Staffing, Directing & Controlling)
- Various Committees & their Responsibilities (pre; during & post)
- Fixtures and its Procedures – Knock-Out (Bye & Seeding) & League (Staircase & Cyclic)
Unit II: Children & Women in Sports
- Common Postural Deformities – Knock Knee; Bowlegs; Flat Foot; Round Shoulders; Lordosis, Kyphosis, and Scoliosis and their corrective measures
- Special consideration (Menarche & Menstrual Dysfunction)
Female Athletes Triad (Osteoporosis, Amenorrhea, Eating Disorders)
Unit III Yoga as Preventive Measure for Lifestyle Disease
- Obesity: Procedure, Benefits & Contraindications for Tadasana, Katichakrasana, Pavanmuktasana, Matsayasana, Halasana, Pachimottansana, Ardha – Matsyendrasana, Dhanurasana, Ushtrasana, Suryabedhan pranayama.
- Diabetes: Procedure, Benefits & Contraindications for Katichakrasana, Pavanmuktasana,Bhujangasana, Shalabhasana, Dhanurasana, Supta-vajarasana, Paschimottanasana, Ardha-Mastendrasana, Mandukasana, Gomukasana, Yogmudra, Ushtrasana, Kapalabhati.
- Asthma: Procedure, Benefits & Contraindications for Tadasana, Urdhwahastottansana, UttanMandukasana, Bhujangasana, Dhanurasana, Ushtrasana, Vakrasana, Kapalbhati, Gomukhasana Matsyaasana, Anuloma-Viloma.
- Hypertension: Procedure, Benefits & Contraindications for Tadasana, Katichakransan, Uttanpadasana, Ardha Halasana, Sarala Matyasana, Gomukhasana, UttanMandukasana, Vakrasana, Bhujangasana, Makarasana, Shavasana, Nadi- shodhanapranayam, Sitlipranayam.
Unit IV: Physical Education & Sports for CWSN (Children with Special Needs – Divyang)
- Organizations promoting Disability Sports (Special Olympics; Paralympics; Deaflympics)
- Advantages of Physical Activities for children with special needs.
- Strategies to make Physical Activities assessable for children with special needs.
Unit V: Sports & Nutrition
- Concept of balance diet and nutrition
- Macro and Micronutrients: Food sources & functions
Nutritive & Non-Nutritive Components of Diet
Unit VI: Test & Measurement in Sports
- Fitness Test – SAI Khelo India Fitness Test in school:
- Age group 5-8 yrs/ class 1-3:
- Flamingo Balance Test
- Plate Tapping Test
- Age group 9-18yrs/ class 4-12:
- 50mt Speed test
- 600mt Run/Walk
- Sit & Reach flexibility test
- Strength Test (Abdominal Partial Curl Up, Push-Ups for boys, Modified Push-Ups for girls).
- Age group 5-8 yrs/ class 1-3:
- Computing Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)
- Rikli & Jones – Senior Citizen Fitness Test
- Chair Stand Test for lower body strength
- Arm Curl Test for upper body strength
- Chair Sit & Reach Test for lower body flexibility
- Back Scratch Test for upper body flexibility
- Eight Foot Up & Go Test for agility
- Six Minute Walk Test for Aerobic Endurance
Unit VII: Physiology & Injuries in Sports
- Physiological factors determining components of physical fitness
- Effect of exercise on Muscular System
Effect of exercise on Cardio-Respiratory System
- Sports Injuries: Classification (Soft Tissue Injuries -Abrasion, Contusion, Laceration, Incision, Sprain & Strain; Bone & Joint Injuries – Dislocation, Fractures – Green Stick, Comminuted, Transverse Oblique & Impacted)
Unit VIII: Biomechanics and Sports
- Newton’s Law of Motion & its application in sports
- Equilibrium – Dynamic & Static and Centre of Gravity and its application in sports
- Friction & Sports
- Projectile in Sports
Unit IX: Psychology and Sports
- Personality; its definition & types (Jung Classification & Big Five Theory)
- Meaning, Concept & Types of Aggressions in Sports
- Psychological Attributes in Sports – Self Esteem, Mental Imagery, Self-Talk, Goal Setting
Unit X: Training in Sports
- Concept of Talent Identification and Talent Development in Sports
- Introduction to Sports Training Cycle – Micro, Meso, Macro Cycle.
- Types & Method to Develop – Strength, Endurance and Speed
- Types & Method to Develop – Flexibility and Coordinative Ability
CBSE 12th PEd Practical Exam Pattern 2022-23
|1||Physical Fitness Test||6|
|2||Proficiency in Games and Sports||7|
|5||Viva Voce (Health/ Games & Sports/ Yoga)||5|
- Test for CWSN (any four items from a list of 27). Aerobic Function, Body Composition, Muscular Strength & Endurance, Range of Motion, or Flexibility (one item from each component)
- Bocce/Boccia, Sitting Volleyball, Wheelchair Basketball, Unified Badminton, Unified Basketball, Unified Football, Blind Cricket, Goalball, Floorball, Wheelchair Races and Throws, or any other Sport/Game of choice for CWSN (Children with Special Needs – Divyang).
- As an alternative to Yogic Practices, children with special needs can choose any one sport/game from the list. The Sport/Game, however, must be distinct from the Test – ‘Proficiency in Games and Sports’
Record File Shall Include:
- Practical-1: Administration of fitness tests.
- Practical-2: Asana Procedure, Benefits, and Contraindications for any two Asanas for each lifestyle disease
- Practical-3: Any IOA-recognized sport or game of choice. Field and equipment diagram labelled Mention its Rules, Terminologies, and Skills as well.
CBSE 12 Physical Education Exam Preparation Tips
- Even though PEd is primarily focused on physical activities, the theory exam still bears a larger weight in terms of marks, suggesting that in addition to developing your physical talents, it is a good idea to thoroughly prepare for the theory as well. Consult reference materials and prepare using the CBSE’s suggested curriculum.
- Exams in physical education, particularly the practical ones, might be challenging if you are deficient in one or more areas. Choose those areas, look up the criteria for evaluation in the CBSE Class 12 PEd syllabus, and prepare accordingly.
- Pick your favourite game and educate yourself on all of its intricacies, including its rules and regulations as well as current trends. Play the game more often. Solve sample and previous year’s question papers for theory examinations.
- Learn every step and put it into practise as often as you can to achieve full points in the yoga part. Discover the many perks and benefits of the asanas you’ll be doing to aid in Viva.
- Maintain the Record File in accordance with the CBSE’s instructions. Whenever necessary, emphasize the straightforward presentation of facts combined with infographics and illustrations.
Yoga and several sports are covered in the practical course of physical education. As mentioned above It is an optional exam for all streams and is marked similarly. The exam has a 100-point maximum and a minimum passing mark of 33%. If you have any queries concerning CBSE Physical Education Class 12 Syllabus 2022-23 please tell us in the comments section below.
For Latest Updates Visit: CareerSathi